Visa Application Fees
1. Visa fees
To apply for a visa, you will have to pay a visa fee and a service fee. The visa fee is collected for the Consulate General of France in Cairo and the service fee is collected for the processing of your visa application at TLScontact.
Attention: Payment of the visa fee and the service fee does not guarantee that a visa will be granted. The visa fee and the service fee are both non-refundable and non-transferable if the visa application is denied by the administration or if the applicant decides to terminate his or her application.
|Visa type||Euros||EGP *|
|Airport transit visa||60.00||517.00|
|Short stay Schengen visa, less than 90 days||60.00||517.00|
|Long stay visa, more than 90 days||99.00||853.00|
|French Overseas Departments and Regions(DROM), less than 90 days||60.00||517.00|
|French Overseas Territories(CTOM), less than 90 days||9.00||78.00|
|Short stay Schengen visa + French Overseas Departments and Regions(DROM)||120.00||1034.00|
|Short stay Schengen visa + French Overseas Territories(CTOM)||69.00||595.00|
|Transit Schengen less than 48 hours + French Overseas Departments and Regions(DROM)||60.00||517.00|
|Transit Schengen less than 48 hours + French Overseas Territories(CTOM)||9.00||78.00|
* The visa fee is only collectible in EGP, and may
change as a result of currency fluctuation.
The visa fee is € 35 for:
- Children between the age of 6 and below 12 years old.
- Nationals from Bosnia-Herzegovina*, Georgia, Kosovo, FYROM (Macedonia)*, Moldova, Montenegro*, Russia, Serbia* and Ukraine.
- Nationals from Armenia* above 12 years old.
The following categories do not have to pay the visa application fee:
- Short stay for children under six years of age
- Nationals from Armenia* under 12 years old
- Short stay private visit for groups of scholars participating in a school exchange program or in training courses
- Invitation by some international organization whose headquarters are based in France
- French citizen's spouse
- EU citizen's spouse
- EU citizen's child under 21 years old or dependent
- Short stay for scientific researchers/students traveling for scientific research
- French teachers currently teaching
- Holder of a governmental scholarship for study
- For family members (spouse, children, parents, grand parents, grand children) of Georgian nationals who are legally residing in France (on the submission of the proof of the family relationship and copy of the French resident permit of the family member living in France)
Please note that satisfactory proof will have to be submitted to establish that one of the above exemptions apply.
The visa application fee is fixed in euros but payable only in EGP. The exchange rate between these currencies is decided by the Consulate and is updated periodically, therefore the EGP amount you are requested to pay may differ from those quoted above. Please note that your visa application fee receipt will only quote the fee paid in euros.
2. Service fees
The service fee, mandatory for any visa application, is 254 EGP. This amount has been decided in agreement with the Consulate General of France in Cairo and corresponds to the different services provided by the TLScontact center (i.e. visa application reception, data processing, information collection, appointments booking, etc.).